We have decided to call this property Brakvlei. Christiana was the name of our grandparents’ farm in the Karoo, where we spent unforgettable holidays as children. Their next-door farm was called Brakvlei. As our property overlooks the Brakkloof Wetland area, Brakvlei seemed to be the obvious choice.
Christiana Lodge is proud and excited to announce a new addition to their portfolio: Brakvlei.
hen the owner of the property next to Christiana Lodge put it on the market, we decided to buy it, rather than a new owner destroying our peace and tranquillity and our view onto the wetland.
The new house has an open plan lounge/dining/kitchen area and three bedrooms – two on the ground floor and one on the first floor.
Brakvlei can be booked on a self-catering basis (all three rooms), or the rooms can be booked individually on a B&B basis.
- All the bedrooms have spacious bathrooms with free-standing baths, a separate shower and separate toilet.
- The bedrooms on the ground floor both have doors opening onto their own private garden area.
- The bedroom on the first floor has a balcony and beautiful views over the Brakkloof wetland area.
- The style in both the lounge area and the bedrooms is similar to that of Christiana Lodge - contemporary and understated. We still believe that the style is in the simplicity.
- The ‘lifestyle’ area consists of a huge ellipse-shaped pool, a large deck and a barbecue area. This area is also open for use by guests staying at Christiana Lodge.